Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Of Ip Man 2 and Racism

Ip Man 2 is a very very nice movie. The action and blurred punches, c.o.o.l.i.o.s.

Watching it got me super pumped up. Not just because of the heart-thumping action but also the emotions against racism resounding in me.

I admit that there are strands of racism in me, i am a harsh critic of myself. A single strand of racism is still racism, as much as there is no such thing as being a little pregnant. Be it PRCs, or Bangladeshi workers, the groups of people being at the receiving ends of racism, they still deserve as much respect as the next man/women.

One question i will ask myself when racism strikes in me is, "Are they not loved by the same God who loves me too?"

It is time for me to live out God's will. To love, not hate. To pray, not judge.