Saturday, May 16, 2009

The trial

Entered into a new year, a new responsibility entrusted without notice
With an attitude of service, i took it upon myself
First term has not seen its end, but dissension was building its foundation
In anger and frustration , it thrives like weeds
In the barrages of complains and grumbling, I stood like a sitting duck in line of fire
What else can i do, but hear with patience and understanding
Anger did not seem right then, it served no good purpose
Changes were a constant, people's displeasure a multiplication
What else can i do, what else...
Information was given in clarity, yet why do questions still arise
Questions after questions, that could have been avoided
Why do one choose not to take the time to see and understand
Do they not understand that I am not exactly having the time of my life
Character was put under the test, grilled over the flame of irritation
I will not bow down to anger, but enjoy this trial
For this will grow me to be a leader for God,
In this time, i will sing my praises to Him, who is above all this
Who stood by my side, time and time and time again

Hallelujah