Sunday, April 26, 2009

On hindsight, towards the future

Yesterday's sermon by Pastor Gary from USA was refreshing in a sense, and reaffirmed in me what i thought before.

He talked about how God put him through various jobs in his younger days, so that he may apply what he has learnt, and his experiences into extending God's kingdom. It reminded me of my past, and the present.

As some would know, the things that i enjoy doing now are caused by certain events. The certain events are the 3 crushes I had in my soon to be 19 years of life. The 3 crushes I had on totally 3 different girls, ended without a beginning, and kinda horribly in some ways. Looking back on those 3 experiences, I thank God for them, despite how it turned out. Some of my brothers know how horribly all 3 turned out. Yeah, sad, if I am only focused on the small blot of despair rather than on the entire canvas of my life. Often, that blot can be part of something beautiful, glorious, amazing.

My first crush is a childhood sweetheart in my primary school days. Met her again in my secondary school days on a trip with both our mothers. Had those same feelings again on the trip. When we were going swimming, I sprinted towards the pool, covering the small belly i had back then. When i entered the pool, I still remembering telling myself i had to do something about it when i returned to Singapore.

That started my enthusiasm with gymming. Body-sculpting, whatever one would call it.

My second crush is a Japanese exchange student to our school when i was Sec 3. Yeah, you all know where this is going. Her name is Akari Taniguchi. Akari meaning light, such an irony when i think about it now. Because of her, i took an interest in Japan, its language, its music. As for Japanese girls, that interest has faded away.

When i found out that she was a tennis captain, and knew how to play the piano. I thought about what talent i had. Through a funny incident that some of my friends know, it led to me picking up the guitar.

The third crush, refocused the goal of gymming, Japanese and guitar towards that of God's.

I am going to use these 3 things that God has led me to, to serve Him in the course He has laid out for me before time began. I thank God for these experiences for I can now serve Him in the things I enjoy :))

I do not know what lies before me, but I know God is a faithful and almighty God. Amen.
"If God put you to it, He WILL put you through it."


Oh yeah, on a side note.

Of the 3 crushes, i have only spoken to 1. The other 2 are like that of a Korean or Taiwanese drama, where the boy just looks on quietly behind a pillar or something opaque. Seriously, if the word "stalker" comes to your mind, you really do not know me well. Haha.